Brown Clumpy Discharge And Itching. Although it is not a very frequent condition, there are many reports of women reporting their condition.
The itchy brown vaginal discharge can be quite stressful and embarrassing; the presence of these combined signals could be caused by different reasons and it is important to determine the cause, in order to take the necessary actions to remedy these alterations.
What’s happening to me?
Surely the itchy vaginal discharge that you are presenting is due to one of the following factors:
- Bacterial infections: are the most common cause of itchy vaginal discharge; The proximity of the vulva to the anus and the warm and humid environment inside the vagina makes it prone to this type of infection.
- Allergy: latex condoms and spermicidal gels; chemical products present in bubble baths, soaps, detergents, lotions, sprays, or perfumed toilet paper, as well as deodorant tablets or tampons.
- Inadequate personal hygiene: a lack of attention is this aspect facilitates bacteria entering the vagina from the anal region; Wear tight clothing, synthetic underwear or wet swimsuit for a long time, also favors the appearance of itchy vaginal discharge.
- Hormonal alterations: atrophic vaginitis, pregnancy, menstruation and oral contraceptives.
- Foreign bodies in the vagina: like a forgotten tampon or condom, or a piece of toilet paper.
- Skin diseases: such as psoriasis, eczema or lichen.
- Cancer: lichen sclerosus, leukoplakia, cancer of the vulva, vagina, cervix, or endometrium can cause, among other symptoms, itchy brown vaginal discharge.
- Other diseases and / or medications: diabetes, urinary incontinence, radiation therapy, post-operative infections or vaginal pruritus of psychogenic origin, caused by chronic liver disease, thyroid disease or the side effects of any medication.
What I do?
Initially, assess whether it is a matter of personal hygiene; optimizing the routine of daily care, should be enough to alleviate the discomfort. With the help of a medical professional, discard that it is an allergic reaction or a reaction to a medication. With laboratory tests, confirm if the origin of the itchy brown discharge is a bacterial infection, skin disease or any other disease.